Letter paper or US Letter is a common type of paper that is used in office in almost all countries especially United States, Canada, Colombia, Chile etc. Its standard measurements are 8.5 by 11 inches (215.9mm x 279.4mm). Its density is measured in pounds per ream of 50 sheets and it is officially used in different sizes to print legal and official documents. Typically 20 or 24 pounds (9 to 11 kg) are used in official environment and this paper is treated at 70° F (21.11°C) and at 50 percent humidity. It is standard paper used in different countries instead of A4 paper sizes. Letter paper has different formal and informal uses therefore you can buy them from market or can design using simple software program. Designing your own letter paper will help you to save your money and time both.
Tips to Design Letter Paper
It can be fun to design letter paper and in order to make your work easy and full of fun I am going to share some tips to design letter paper:
- You can design a personalize letter paper by adding some colors and graphics into it. In first step browse internet to choose some pretty picture such as flowers, buildings, snow man or any other cartoon according to your preference. You can modify your selected images in Adobe Photoshop.
- Open a new document in MS Word with measurements of 8.5 by 11 inches and start your designing. You can choose any light or dark color as per your choice and collection of images. Try to choose light colors so that your written statement can be visible.
- Use pretty borders to decorate your letter paper and then insert your desired pictures on the bottom, top or edges of the paper. If you want to insert image in center of the paper then try to give light impressions to it.
- You can draw lines in the body of letter paper according to you requirements or let it blank if you can handle writing on paper without lines. This will serve as specimen for your letter papers and after designing one paper you can get its lots of print outs on good quality paper.
- You can use this letter paper to send informal notes to your friends, family members or colleagues. If you ant to apply for a job then use simple letter paper and make sure to present your skills and qualities in right format.
- Letter paper can be your best choice to write cover letter because it is officially used paper and will put your positive impression on the reader.
Letter paper is available in variety of colors such as white, tint, light tan, pink, gray and blue so you can choose any of these colors. You can also download several Printable Papers online for quick use. It will be good for you if you choose slight tint color for your cover letter because it will help you to stand out in crowd and quickly grab the attention of potential employer.